Tennessee & Alabama Mold Removal
CALL NOW: 866-461-5508
Live Chat with an Expert Here
Licensed mold remediation professionals
If you live in Tennessee or Alabama, you know that you’re in the middle of the mold breeding ground. Our region’s warm, humid climate provides mold with the perfect environment to thrive. Don’t let mold take over your home or business. Even though some types of mold growth are harmless, some can create trigger serious health problems. Give Apex DKI a call and our certified mold remediation professionals can evaluate your situation and recommend a remediation plan with your family’s health in mind.
- Mold is naturally occurring in all environments.
- Most problems arise when there are excessive amounts of mold present.
- There is no way to completely eliminate mold spores from your home or business.
- Mold spores need moisture, organic matter and the right temperature to grow.
- Mold can grow on almost any surface.
- It is important to find and fix the problem causing the mold growth or it may return.
- Improper removal can actually allow the mold to spread and make the situation worse by spreading minute airborne spores.
- The most common health effects are allergic responses from breathing mold spores. These allergic reactions can come from exposure to dead as well as living mold spores, so killing mold with bleach or other disinfectants may not prevent allergic responses.
- Serious infections from living molds are relatively rare and occur mainly in people with suppressed immune systems. Many types of molds may produce toxins, but only in certain growth conditions and evidence is weak that breathing mold spores in buildings causes toxic effects. Source: http://www.health.ny.gov/publications/7287/
Before attempting to remove the mold yourself, you should talk to the mold remediation professionals at Apex DKI.
The Mold Cleanup Process
Mold cleanup procedures are somewhat dependent upon the extent of contamination and the type of surface that has been contaminated. However, before cleaning mold in your home, first understand why you have mold and fix the problem causing the mold growth. This will require a thorough inspection. Mold needs a source of moisture, a source of organic matter and the proper temperature to grow. If these three things are not adequately addressed, mold may return.
Generally speaking, if you can see and smell it, you have a mold problem. We recommend that you have a thorough inspection to determine the cause of the mold growth. This may be done by an Indoor Air Quality consultant (also referred to as an industrial hygienist) or a mold remediation contractor like Apex DKI.
Large areas of mold (about 10 square feet) may require the services of a professional contractor who is skilled in mold cleanup and remediation. Cleanup of this magnitude requires sealing off the affected area and very specific cleaning procedures. Keep in mind that cleaning mold will result in airborne mold or spores, creating yet another possible hazard. Commercial grade HEPA vacuums and the use of personal respirators and protective eyewear may be necessary.
The typical remediation process includes:
- Property Inspection looking for mold and moisture sources
- Identifying need for third party protocol
- Containing the mold damaged area from the non-affected areas of the structure
- Finding and repairing the source or sources of moisture
- Mold removal
- Air Scrubbing
- Removal and replacement of damaged building materials, if necessary